2014 Feb Redesign Roof


A project of the Democracy Fund

2014 Feb Redesign Search

2014 Feb Redesign Print/Email

Print | Email

Nice Social Bookmark

electionlineWeekly — September 22, 2016

Table of Contents

 VI. Tech Thursday

Arkansas: The Arkansas Secretary of State’s office, in partnership with the Information Network of Arkansas (INA), today released a new way for Arkansans to keep up with key dates and information for the November general election. By downloading Gov2Go, citizens can receive voting information personalized to their district through the digital personal assistant platform.

Iowa: The Iowa secretary of state’s office has teamed up with TurboVote to create the MyIowaVote website in an effort to reach out to the unregistered voters on the state’s 38 college campuses. “One of the most powerful features of the MyIowavote is the ability of a person to opt in to a series of reminders to vote,” Pate said. “So once you’re in, it will remind you that you have a school board election, you have a county election, and it will tell you where to go vote and give you the polling sites and the polling hours.”

Also in Iowa, Clinton County launched a new voter app to help residents find their polling places on Election Day as well as other information pertinent to the election. The county partnered with Evil Twin Software to create WhereUVoteIA. “My office staff and I have recognized a growing number of calls from voters during the last couple of years asking where they vote,” Clinton County Auditor Eric Van Lancker told the Clinton Herald. “We’ve been trying to come up with a solution to reach today’s voters and this opportunity from Evil Twin Software recently presented itself.”

Pennsylvania: Since its launch a year ago, the state’s register.votesPA.com has had 500,000 people either register to vote for the first time or update their existing voter registration information. According to the state, 58 percent of those users were new voters registering for the first time and the remaining 42 percent were existing voters updating their information.